Aces shift light

Tout ce qui concerne les questions techniques sur les composants électriques, l'instrumentation et l'éclairage

Modérateur : Modérateurs

EB77
Seven : Sig 120 S3

Re: Aces shift light

Message par EB77 »

Merci capt’ain !
C’est ce que je craignais/pensais
EB77

Message par EB77 »

Partage du suivi :

1) ccuk me répond cordialement de vérifier que le connecteur du signal n’est pas sur l’isolant….
Et accessoirement de passer de 1à4 ou de 4à1 pour le réglage du boitier De contrôle de l’Aces…

2) ACES:
Entretien très bienveillant avec le fabriquant et réponse détaillée ici :

Hello Emmanuel

Thank you for your email. It was good talking to you on the phone yesterday.

Changing the cylinder settings would be unlikely to improve the situation. If this is set incorrectly, it should still detect pulses but will display an incorrect RPM value. It is likely that 4 cylinders will be correct, in which case, setting to 1 would result in displaying 4 times the actual RPM.

It is difficult to see from the photo if you have reconnected the resistor R13.

Bypassing the 2k2 resistor is unlikely to resolve the issue. The next component in series with the input is a 27k resistor followed by another 27k resistor with a capacitor to ground connected to the mid point so replacing the 2k2 with a direct connection would reduce the input impedance from around 56k to around 54k. The 2k2 resistor is there as a protection against the signal being short circuited to ground if the signal lead was left dangling and perhaps contacted some metalwork.

I think the modification which Caterham came up with originally may be the best option. This involves fitting a reasonably high valued resistor between the signal wire and 12v in order to raise the voltage when the signal wire goes open circuit. Caterham used a 10,000 ohm resistor and I certainly would not recommend anything smaller than this as it would put more load on the ECU. I would expect 20k would work fine and possibly even a higher value. Connection of such a resistor should only put a small load on other components but we would recommend checking with the manufacturer whether connection of such a resistor would overload the ECU or tachometer. The resistor can be fitted externally or if you are good with a soldering iron you may be able to fit it inside the control unit (between the yellow and red wires on the 4 pin socket) or a tiny resistor inside the plug (similar to the 2k2 resistor but between pin 1 and pin 4).

The input stage of the SureShift 2 is designed so that the system can work if the signal is connected to the switched side of a standard inductive discharge ignition coil. If you have access to such a connection this could be a suitable alternative. I suspect that your setup uses a twin coil pack where each coil feeds two cylinders in which case the SureShift should be configured for 2 cylinders. If you go for this option I would recommend reconnecting R13 to protect the input stage to the SureShift 2.

I hope this information is useful to you and that you are able to get the system functioning properly soon. I apologise for the inconvenience. Please let me know how you get on.

Best regards
Julian Adams
julian.adams@aceserve.co.uk
EB77

Message par EB77 »

Suite et fin :
Connexion du signal allant vers le Sureshift2 sur le blanc/noir sortant de la fiche de l’ECU,
Paramètrage du Sureshift2 sur « 1 cylindre »
2BD72F70-F189-461B-B758-1FCB431E8D11.jpeg